You’re a firefighter and let’s face it, you’re a little different from the rest. As the years go by, and the experiences pile up, parts of â€œthe jobâ€ begin to define who you are.
It doesnâ€™t happen all at once, and most of the time you can’t even notice it. Your kids, not knowing the pre-firefighter you, simply accept you the way you are.
Ask a kid how he knows his dad is a firefighter and these are some of the things you might hear:
1) He says weird things like â€œStand by,â€ or â€œRoger that,â€ instead of â€œWait a sec,â€ or â€œOkay,â€ like everybody else.
2) Everything is in its place…or else!
3) Sometimes, heâ€™s just not there, but he always comes back.
4) No matter where he is, he always knows how to get out fast.
5) He has more fire department related T-shirts than dress shirts.
6) He wears red suspenders to hold his pants up.
Follow the link to see the rest, and Happy Father’s Day!