How do I teach my 5 year old to call 911?
Here are step-by-step instructions for teaching your child how to call 911.
- Make sure your child can say her first and last name and provide her address or location. …
- Explain the different emergency situations that might require your child to call 911. …
- Show your child the steps for calling 911 on your mobile phone.
How do you explain emergency to a child?
Explain that the emergency operator will ask them what, where, and who questions such as:
- “What is the emergency?” or “What happened?”
- “Where are you?” or “Where do you live?”
- “Who needs help?” or “Who is with you?”
Why is 911 important?
The three-digit telephone number “9-1-1” has been designated as the “Universal Emergency Number,” for citizens throughout the United States to request emergency assistance. It is intended as a nationwide telephone number and gives the public fast and easy access to a Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP).
How do I teach my kid to call 911 on iPhone?
According to Apple:
Here’s how to make the call on iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus: Press and hold the side button and one of the Volume buttons until the Emergency SOS slider appears. Drag the Emergency SOS slider to call emergency services.
How do you teach emergency preparedness?
Teaching your kids emergency preparedness
- Create an emergency supplies kit. Include a three-day supply of water, nonperishable food, flashlights, blankets and kid-friendly activities. …
- Practice your emergency plan. …
- Run through the basics.