Who will you call in case of emergency?
The emergency number ‘112‘ is a single emergency helpline number for various emergency services such as police, fire, and ambulance, etc. It provides 24*7 emergency responses across the country. Immediate assistance will be provided to the affected.
Do you know what to do in an emergency?
Steps to take when an emergency occurs:
- Take a deep breath.
- Count to 10. Tell yourself you can handle the situation.
- Check for danger. Protect yourself and the injured person from fire, explosions, or other hazards.
- Try to look at the situation as a whole.
What is the best thing you should do during emergencies?
In case of a major emergency
- Follow your emergency plan.
- Get your emergency kit.
- Make sure you are safe before assisting others.
- Listen to the radio or television for information from local officials and follow their instructions.
- Stay put until all is safe or until you are ordered to evacuate.
When helping someone in an emergency what is the first thing you would do?
First Things to Do in Any Emergency
Access the scenario for danger. Decide whether it is safer to evacuate or shelter-in-place. Once safely evacuated or sheltered-in-place, call for help using 911 and clearly explain what you know about the situation. Provide first aid for any injured people.
Do you know who or what to call in time of emergency?
911. This is a number that most people should know by heart. Dial 911 if you or someone near you is having a life-threatening emergency.
Why is it important to know what to do in an emergency?
Knowing what to do in an emergency is just as important as knowing how to prevent them from happening in the first place. … Keeping calm and knowing how to respond to an emergency may save your life or those around you. When an emergency occurs, the priority is always life safety.
What are the 4 main steps of an emergency action plan?
(1) Reduce, or avoid, losses from hazards; (2) Assure prompt assistance to victims; (3) Achieve rapid and effective recovery. Disaster management aims to reduce, or avoid, the potential losses from hazards, assure prompt and appropriate assistance to victims of disaster, and achieve rapid and effective recovery.
What are 5 emergency situations?
Here are some of the most common medical emergencies that people experience:
- Breathing difficulties.
- Someone collapses.
- Fit and/or epileptic seizure.
- Severe pain.
- Heart attack.
- A stroke.
What are the first three things you should do when you recognize an emergency situation?
To take appropriate actions in any emergency, follow the three basic emergency action steps — Check-Call-Care. Check the scene and the victim. Call the local emergency number to activate the EMS system.
What is the most important rule to remember in an emergency?
As in any emergency situation, the most important rule is to always think SAFETY. Following basic safety precautions helps to keep you and other bystanders safe, and assists the trained first responders in identifying and controlling the release.