How do you teach a 3 year old to call 911?
Teaching Children How to Call 911
- Make sure your child can say her first and last name and provide her address or location. …
- Explain the different emergency situations that might require your child to call 911. …
- Show your child the steps for calling 911 on your mobile phone.
How do I teach my kid to call 911 on iPhone?
According to Apple:
Here’s how to make the call on iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus: Press and hold the side button and one of the Volume buttons until the Emergency SOS slider appears. Drag the Emergency SOS slider to call emergency services.
How do I teach my 5 year old to call 911?
Role-play an emergency.
You can pretend to need help and ask your child to call 911 using a toy phone. The Center for Childhood Safety offers a free app, called Kids’ Practice 911 Dialer, which allows kids to practice making “the call” and explaining what the emergency is without accessing a live dispatcher.
Why should a caller to 911 Never hang up until told to do so?
Don’t hang up until the 911 agent tells you to
You may feel there’s no further need to stay on the line, but emergencies are, by their very nature, unpredictable. It may turn out that you’ll need to open a door for the police, or flag down a fire truck, if they can’t find you easily.
How do you teach emergency preparedness?
Teaching your kids emergency preparedness
- Create an emergency supplies kit. Include a three-day supply of water, nonperishable food, flashlights, blankets and kid-friendly activities. …
- Practice your emergency plan. …
- Run through the basics.