How much do 911 operators make in Washington state?
The median salary for 911 operators in Washington is a truly impressive $56,900, which is more than $16,000 above the national average of $40,660.
How long does it take to become a 911 operator?
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics notes that dispatcher training can generally take from 3-6 months to complete (www.bls.gov). CPR certification and completion of an emergency medical dispatch course may be a prerequisite for handling calls pertaining to medical emergencies.
What certifications do you need to be a 911 operator?
California 911 Dispatcher Training
- Emergency Medical Dispatch Certificate.
- Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO) Certificate.
- Fire Dispatch Training Certificate.
- Radio Training Program Certificate.
- COBOL Computer-Aided Dispatch Certificate.
- Public Safety Dispatchers’ Basic Course.
How do I get a job at 911 call center?
The typical steps to become a police dispatcher are similar to the following:
- Complete the level of education required by the hiring agency.
- Earn experience working in a customer service role.
- Take and pass a civil service test.
- Apply for an open dispatch position.
- Complete an interview with the hiring agency.
How do you become a 911 operator in Washington State?
The requirements to become a 911 dispatcher in Washington are:
- Must type 35 wpm and pass an evaluation.
- Must complete Emergency Medical Dispatcher accreditation (EMD) within 3 months of hire.
- Must finish Emergency Fire Dispatcher accreditation (EFD) within 3 months of hire.
Is it difficult to become a 911 operator?
Dispatching Jobs are Difficult to Get
High school diploma/GED or higher education depending on the service. Speak excellent and clear English and be able to write it as well. Be a proficient problem solver. Knowledge of city, state, and federal laws, regulations, and legal codes.
Can you be a 911 operator from home?
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the trend toward working from home has accelerated. New technologies are now making it possible for 911 dispatchers to work from home, too, whether to ensure social distancing or to supplement operations during evolving emergencies.
Can I run 911 operator?
OS: Windows 7 / 8 / 10. Processor: 3 GHz. Memory: 2048 MB RAM. Graphics: 1024 Mb.