When lifting something heavy you should EMT?
Which of the following should you do when lifting something heavy? You should bend your legs, not try to lift from the waist. Which of the following involves the spread of infection by animals or insects that carry an organism from one person or place to another? You just studied 10 terms!
Which of the following should you do when lifting?
Bend your knees and keep your back straight.
Practice the lifting motion before you lift the object, and think about your motion before you lift. Focus on keeping your spine straight. Raise and lower to the ground by bending your knees rather than bending at the waist or hips.
Which of the following should you do when reaching for something EMT?
Guidelines for Reaching
- Keep your back in locked-in position.
- Avoid stretching or overreaching when reaching overhead.
- Avoid twisting.
- Keep your back straight when leaning over patients.
- Lean from the hips.
- Use shoulder muscles with log rolls.
- Avoid reaching more than 15-20″ in front of your body.
What involves the spread of infection by animals or insects that carry an organism from one person or place to another?
Vector Transmission. Diseases can also be transmitted by a mechanical or biological vector, an animal (typically an arthropod) that carries the disease from one host to another.
What are the 4 steps in safe lifting quizlet?
What are the 4 steps in safe lifting?
- Establish Solid Footing.
- Align the body.
- Make the lift.
- Set down the load.
What are the four steps to safely lifting patients?
Check out these safe lifting and handling tips, recommended by the Health and Safety Executive.
- Think before you lift. …
- Keep the load close to the waist. …
- Adopt a stable position. …
- Ensure a good hold on the load. …
- Do not bend your back when lifting. …
- Do not bend the back any further while lifting. …
- Do not twist when you lift.
When lifting an object What should you do?
Bend your hips and knees to squat down to your load, keep it close to your body, and straighten your legs to lift. Never lift a heavy object above shoulder level. Avoid turning or twisting your body while lifting or holding a heavy object.
When lifting which part of your body should do most of the work?
Avoid lifting anything higher than waist height, as it can throw you off balance. Once you have your load lifted, try and keep your arms straight down so that your spine is doing most of the work of supporting the load. 5.
Which of the following are safety concerns when lifting?
- Don’t hyperventilate (breathe in and out fast) or hold your breath when you lift heavy weights. …
- Don’t continue lifting if you feel pain. …
- Don’t lift weights if you are light-headed. …
- Don’t exercise any set of muscles more than three times a week.
- Don’t “cheat” on your technique to lift heavy weights.
Which of the following should you not do when reaching for something EMT?
To safely reach for an object, an EMT should keep his back in a locked-in position; avoid twisting; and avoid reaching more than 15 to 20 in front of his body.
When reaching pushing or pulling the EMT should always?
Reaching: reach no more than 15-20 inches in front of the body. Pushing and Pulling: if possible, always push. Back straight, hands between waist and shoulders.
Which comes first in EMS decision making?
Rationale: The initial general impression is what you first notice as you approach the patient, but before physical contact with the patient is made. It is what you see, hear, or smell.