Head to the Security menu in Settings, then choose the “Screen lock” option. From here, select “None,” then press “Yes” if prompted. The next time you unlock your device, you should be greeted by your shiny new lock screen, and that stupid “Emergency Call” button will finally be gone.
How do I turn off emergency call?
The steps to do this vary depending on your Android’s manufacturer, but it’ll generally look something like this:
- Open your Android’s Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Lock Screen and Security or Lock Screen. …
- Tap Screen lock or Screen Lock Type.
- Confirm your current security PIN, password, or bio-method.
- Select None.
How do I turn off emergency calls only on my Android?
- Unlock your device and drag down the notifications panel.
- Click on the “Settings” icon and select the “Call” option. …
- From the calling settings, click on the “Additional Settings” or “More” option.
- In this setting, click on the Fixed Dialing Numbers option and then select the “Disable FDN” option.
Can you disable emergency call on iPhone lock screen?
1 Answer. Unfortunately there is no way to do this in native iOS (without a jailbreak). The emergency call option is available with both the simple and complex passcode.
Why is my phone showing emergency calls only?
If your SIM Card is not inserted or is not seated properly, it may cause your phone to only allow calls to 911. Ensure your SIM Card is securely inserted into the slot. It may not hurt to remove it and re-seat it.
What happens if you accidentally press emergency call on android?
The button will enable anybody who grabs the phone to at least be able to dial 911 in the case of an emergency without needing to enter a PIN or lock pattern. This may concern some Android users because of the fear of accidentally dialing 911.
What to do when your phone says emergency calls only?
Power your phone off, leave it off for 30 seconds to a minute, and then power the phone back on. Wait for the phone to power on all the way and then try your cell phone to see if it’s working properly. Restarting the phone will force it to try and reach out and attempt to connect to your network again.
How do I turn off emergency calls only on my Samsung Galaxy S7?
Disable Emergency mode AT&T or T-Mobile Galaxy S7:
- First of all, you must launch the Settings app;
- Then, tap Applications;
- Up next, tap Messages;
- Tap Emergency alert settings;
- A the end, just tap the toggle next to each alert type to turn it on or off, as you’d like.