What is not a medical emergency?
Examples of a non-emergency include: sprained knee, ankle, arm, minor headache, pulled muscle, controlled nose bleed and small cuts.
What are the 5 examples of medical emergencies?
Recognizing medical emergencies
- Bleeding that will not stop.
- Breathing problems (difficulty breathing, shortness of breath)
- Change in mental status (such as unusual behavior, confusion, difficulty arousing)
- Chest pain.
- Coughing up or vomiting blood.
- Fainting or loss of consciousness.
What is considered to be a medical emergency?
A medical emergency is a sudden injury or serious illness that, if not treated right away, could cause death or serious harm to you. … In case of an emergency, go to the nearest emergency room or call 911.
What are non emergencies?
A “Non-Emergency” call is simply a request for the service of Law Enforcement, Fire, or EMS personnel that is not a life or death situation.
What are the three types of emergency?
The President can declare three types of emergencies — national, state and financial emergency in a state.
What are common emergencies?
Don’t Delay Care
- Heart attack symptoms.
- Stroke symptoms.
- Infections such as pneumonia, kidney and skin infections.
- Problems associated with diabetes, obstructive lung disease and heart disease, and chronic medical problems.
- Head injury with passing out, fainting or confusion.
What are four emergencies a medical office should be prepared to handle?
The American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) says the most common emergencies at medical practices are: asthma attacks, seizures, anaphylaxis, cardiac arrest, and hypoglycemia.
What are the types of emergency?
Types of Emergencies
- Chemical spills.
- Dam failure.
- Extreme heat waves.
What are the 5 reasons people might choose not to help in an emergency?
Terms in this set (8)
- Don’t know what to do.
- Don’t want to help.
- Afraid of being sued.
- Don’t want to catch a disease.
- Afraid of doing the wrong thing.
- Pressure of other people.
What’s the difference between 111 and 999?
999 is for emergencies and 111 is for non-emergencies.