How do I stop my iPhone from dialing 911?
How to disable the emergency call feature in iOS
- Launch your iPhone’s “Settings” app.
- Tap “Emergency SOS.”
- If you want to prevent your iPhone from calling 911 when you press the Power button five times, disable the “Call with Side Button” slider.
Can you disable a cell phone from calling 911?
Because many regions require emergency call buttons on lock screens, there’s no setting to turn the feature off. But if you find yourself accidentally dialing emergency services one too many times, you can disable the emergency call button by replacing your lock screen with an alternative lock screen app.
Why does my iPhone dial 911 by itself?
On many iPhones, if you quickly press the side button five times, it can automatically call 911 for you. Sometimes it’s because your child is playing with your phone, or maybe you think you’re clicking the volume button.
How do I stop accidental 911 calls?
Preventing Accidental 9-1-1 calls
- Lock your keypad.
- Turn off the 911 auto dial feature (not all wireless phones have this feature)
- Do not program 911 into speed dial.
Can you disable emergency call?
Head to the Security menu in Settings, then choose the “Screen lock” option. From here, select “None,” then press “Yes” if prompted. The next time you unlock your device, you should be greeted by your shiny new lock screen, and that stupid “Emergency Call” button will finally be gone.
Can you disable emergency calls iPhone?
Just follow these easy steps: Open your iPhone Settings. Scroll down and tap Emergency SOS. Toggle the Auto Call switch to the off position.
How do I get my iPhone out of SOS emergency mode?
Press and quickly release Volume UP button. Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button. Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF).
What happens if you accidentally call emergency SOS on iPhone?
Officials are asking Apple users to be aware of the SOS feature and review how it works. If an accidental call is made, they ask the caller to please stay on the line or call back immediately to let them know the call was an error.
How do I turn emergency mode off?
Turn Emergency Mode Off
- Press and hold the Power button until the ‘Power off’ prompt appears then release.
- Tap Emergency mode. Alternatively, while on the Home screen tap the Menu icon. (upper-right) > Turn off Emergency mode. Allow several seconds for the change to take effect.