How much do 911 operators make in Florida?
How much does a 911 Dispatcher make in Florida? While ZipRecruiter is seeing salaries as high as $252,600 and as low as $15,629, the majority of 911 Dispatcher salaries currently range between $22,387 (25th percentile) to $27,456 (75th percentile) with top earners (90th percentile) making $28,723 annually in Florida.
How long does it take to become a 911 operator?
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics notes that dispatcher training can generally take from 3-6 months to complete (www.bls.gov). CPR certification and completion of an emergency medical dispatch course may be a prerequisite for handling calls pertaining to medical emergencies.
What certifications do you need to be a 911 operator?
California 911 Dispatcher Training
- Emergency Medical Dispatch Certificate.
- Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO) Certificate.
- Fire Dispatch Training Certificate.
- Radio Training Program Certificate.
- COBOL Computer-Aided Dispatch Certificate.
- Public Safety Dispatchers’ Basic Course.
Do 911 operators make good money?
On average, 911 operators earned $43,290 a year, or $20.81 an hour, in 2019, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. More than 95,000 emergency dispatchers worked in the U.S., the bureau says.
How do you become a 911 operator in Florida?
Required Minimum Education & Experience
- A high school diploma or possession of a GED certificate.
- Possession of a valid State of Florida 9-1-1 Public Safety Telecommunicator Certification.
- One year of experience receiving, assessing, and dispatching calls for assistance.
How much does a 911 dispatcher make per hour?
Hourly Wage for 911 Dispatcher Salary in the United States
The average hourly wage foran911 Dispatcher in the United States is $20 as of September 27, 2021, but the range typically falls between $17 and $22.
Is it difficult to become a 911 operator?
Dispatching Jobs are Difficult to Get
High school diploma/GED or higher education depending on the service. Speak excellent and clear English and be able to write it as well. Be a proficient problem solver. Knowledge of city, state, and federal laws, regulations, and legal codes.
How much do 911 operators make a year?
Salary Ranges for 911 Dispatchers
The salaries of 911 Dispatchers in the US range from $24,270 to $59,770 , with a median salary of $38,010 . The middle 60% of 911 Dispatchers makes $38,010, with the top 80% making $59,770.
How do I become a 911 call operator?
Here are the steps to becoming a police dispatcher:
- Complete high school. Police dispatchers must have at least a high school diploma or GED. …
- Gain relevant experience. Police dispatchers need to be at least 18 years of age. …
- Develop vital skills. …
- Pass a background check. …
- Obtain certifications. …
- Finish on-the-job training.