How much do 911 operators make in Phoenix Arizona?
911 Dispatcher Salary in Phoenix, AZ
How much does an 911 Dispatcher make in Phoenix, AZ? The average 911 Dispatcher salary in Phoenix, AZ is $41,600 as of October 29, 2021, but the range typically falls between $35,300 and $45,300.
Do 911 operators make good money?
On average, 911 operators earned $43,290 a year, or $20.81 an hour, in 2019, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. More than 95,000 emergency dispatchers worked in the U.S., the bureau says.
Do 911 dispatchers get paid a lot?
How much does a 911 Dispatcher make? While ZipRecruiter is seeing weekly wages as high as $5,750 and as low as $356, the majority of 911 Dispatcher wages currently range between $510 (25th percentile) to $625 (75th percentile) across the United States.
How much money does a 911 dispatcher make an hour?
Hourly Wage for 911 Dispatcher Salary in the United States
The average hourly wage foran911 Dispatcher in the United States is $20 as of September 27, 2021, but the range typically falls between $17 and $22.
How do I become a 911 operator in Phoenix?
Arizona 911 Operator Requirements
- Learning road places and directions in the city of employment.
- Be willing, and capable, to work weekends, nights, holidays, and evenings.
- Be CPR certified prior to employment.
- Sucessfully complete the Phoenix Fire Department Emergency Medical Dispatch within half a year of employment.
How do you become a 911 dispatcher?
Here are the steps to becoming a police dispatcher:
- Complete high school. Police dispatchers must have at least a high school diploma or GED. …
- Gain relevant experience. Police dispatchers need to be at least 18 years of age. …
- Develop vital skills. …
- Pass a background check. …
- Obtain certifications. …
- Finish on-the-job training.
Is being a 911 operator a good job?
A career as a 911 dispatcher is fast-paced, hectic, and above all else, rewarding. As a part of a chain of emergency responders, dispatchers are the face—or the ear—of emergency calls to 911. It takes a remarkable person to do a dispatcher’s work, and it is not suited to everyone.
How much money do 911 operators make?
Salary Ranges for 911 Dispatchers
The salaries of 911 Dispatchers in the US range from $24,270 to $59,770 , with a median salary of $38,010 . The middle 60% of 911 Dispatchers makes $38,010, with the top 80% making $59,770.
Do dispatchers make good money?
Non-emergency dispatchers averaged $40,190 per year, or $19.42 per hour in 2019, according to the BLS. The lowest paid 10 percent earned $25,260 per year, or $12.14 per hour, while the best paid 10 percent received $67,860 annually, or $32.62 per hour.
Is 911 dispatcher a stressful job?
Stress is part of the job for emergency dispatchers, who log long hours answering emergency calls. The Greeneville call center took 40,500 calls in 2013, Director Jerry Bird said. … A 2013 article published in Business Insider listed police, fire and ambulance dispatchers as one of the most stressful jobs in the U.S.
Where do dispatchers make the most money?
Highest paying cities for Police Dispatchers in United States
- Scottsdale, AZ. 5 salaries reported. $25.38. per hour.
- Austin, TX. 6 salaries reported. $21.08. per hour.
- Memphis, TN. 5 salaries reported. $19.89. per hour.
- Philadelphia, PA. 5 salaries reported. $16.61. per hour.
- Kansas City, MO. 7 salaries reported. $16.45. per hour.